Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Alone


Surrounded by a thousand souls, I cannot hear their laughter,
in the crowd, I feel her tears, drowned out by the chatter.
Her face downcast, her eyes set forth a torrent of her pain,
I watch her standing by herself, my heart begins to wane.

A child of the sun, she usually laughs and sets the world ablaze.
Her sun is eclipsed and the rain starts to fall, her mind becomes a haze.
Whence has gone the joy she had, i feel her heart is bleeding.
Too young for love and yet too old, there is aught she is needing.

Alone amidst a sea of hearts, hers is the one that cries,
she looks up into my eyes, make haste before she dies.
I wrap my hands around her pain and put it to my mind,
her soul cries out a slow lament, I fear what I should find.

Melancholy has taken in, a torment to her heart,
She leans against my chest and weeps, my world just fell apart.
"How do I stem this pain dear child? I wish to see you smile,"
"Just say my name, it is your voice which helps keep me alive..."

No comments:

Post a Comment